Fuel Filter Location 97 Challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

LSaupe

According to the shop manual I should have a fuel filter with a spin on case. Mine has a traditional in-line filter (like used on a snowmobile etc.)

Where are these normally located and what do they look like? I have a bit of concern as I know these are presurized systems and want to make sure I am using the correct filter.

Thanks and Regards,

Larry S.

Ski pole....

At the bottom of the ski pylon, there is a triangle plate. This is where the screw on filter is placed. If yours has been removed, don't worry about it. As long as you replace it once a year, your good. The only reason they made it screw cap type was for cleaning and putting back on. The one you have, can't be cleaned.

There is no pressure on this side of the fuel system. This is under a vacuum.

Thanks Snipe.

Actually I was concerned about the vapor pressure. From what I hear (and my old jet ski was this way). The fuel lines and tank are subject to vapor pressure as the fuel heats up. On my jet ski I had a one ay check valve on the vent (let air in as fuel was used, but did not let out the vapor pressure when the light ends stated to evaporate).

This may not be applicable on the boat environment thought. Maybe the concern was the way way the earlier jet ski's would overturn on the water.

Larry S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back