Fuel Economy and Distance

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all of you 1800 owners out there - what is the best distance you have gotten on a single tank of gas? And roughly at what RPM were you running at? I haven't had the boat in the water that long to find out, and when I did, none of my gauges work.

I'm installing bennet twin tabs so that should help a bit on the economy as well, time will tell.

Thanks for any help/input.

Where did you guys mount your trim tab controls?

Josh

Generally... best distance is around 75% power. (around 4500 RPM)

But it would help to know what engine you have. That boat could have come with a 210 carb, 200 Opti, or 240 EFI.

Yeah I guess that would help eh? I've got the 1800 240 EFI.... Any idea what distance in miles I'd get with 40 gallons of fuel?

Thanks

I don't have the data for that combo.... but the Utopia with the 240 (just a little bigger) is around 32 mph @ 4500 rpm @ 2.62 mpg @ 11 gal/hr consumption.

So... using those numbers..... That's about 100 mi on a tank of fuel. Of coarse, with a boat... water current, wind, and passenger load can make those numbers change. (a lot) Oh... and the Bimini top will cut those numbers too.

How are the trim tabs working out?

I haven't installed them yet. They are on order and just awaiting for them to show. I've gone ahead and got their auto tab control box as well - almost a cruise control for the tab adjustments......... it should be a pretty sweet set up.

They won't be installed and on the boat for this season tho, the installation will take place this winter.

Cheers

image.jpg
I haven't installed them yet. They are on order and just awaiting for them to show. I've gone ahead and got their auto tab control box as well - almost a cruise control for the tab adjustments......... it should be a pretty sweet set up.

They won't be installed and on the boat for this season tho, the installation will take place this winter.

Cheers

Well finally got the boat yesterday. The winds were light and the sea's were calm. This ride plate worked better than I could have dreamed of. The boat got up on plane quicker. I ran the boat at varying speeds with absolute no Porpoising. I could not believe it. The speed range where porpoising was the worse around 4000 rpm's there was none. We cruised slow 20 mph to wide open 52 mph ( I estimate I lost about 2 mph with the longer plate) with no bounce. We were able to pull a wakeboarder at 18 to 20 mph with no difficulties. It was great!!

The tracking of the boat also improved. Before the boat would pull to the right. I would have to counter steer to the left quite a bit. Now with the new plate the steering wheel is straight with very little counter steer to the left. I think by lowering the right side of the plate, will get rid of all the pull to the right. This ride plate is the solution to the porpoising problem this boat

image.jpg

What's the information on the ride plate? I have the bouncing issue. We had planned to order trim tabs over the winter.

Hi, I am very interested in trim tabs. Is that the same as a ride plate? I have a 2008 utopia 205 19.5 feet, 2 rotax 155 hp engines. The porpoising it awful. The smallest chop leaves me bouncing. Are the aqua dynamics the same as your boat? I would like to know more. My current store place says utopia does not need trim pads but I have been bouncing for 5 years and know different. Also I really want a second battery. I can't believe they are not stock. You just have be low on juice and not start up a couple miles form shore.

But please if you can give me trim tab direction that would be great. I want to do it over the winter. Murray

Your hull design is different than mine. You have twin engines where as I have a single Mercury 240hp engine. I am not familiar with your hull. If you have room on the transum the Lenco electric trim tabs look like one possible solution.

My buddy has a 2001 Islanda, he installed a absorbed glass mat battery. They are very expensive but you will only need one.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back