Fuel Economie and reliability. 07 gti-se 130 vs 2015 Yamaha VX delux both about 100hrs ? Opinions pls

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2007 GTI SE 155, and can’t say enough good things about it. I had to replace the dash cluster, but that has been the only issue that wasn’t user induced - and it may have been user induced with the ski turned upside down for an unknown period of time once. It is a solid machine and I recommend the older GTIs 130/155 models to everyone that asks. I change the plugs every year and oil every 100 hours and have about 230 hours I think. My buddies have Yamaha VX models, base models I think, and about year 2015. We ride 50-55 mph an hour to the Sebastian Inlet from north Melbourne, out to sea and play for an hour or 90 minutes, then back to Melbourne. Maybe ride about 150 miles total? And my low fuel warning comes on just as we get back. I sometimes have a 130 lb passenger, it doesn’t make any noticeable difference to fuel economy for me. I think my buddies have a bit more fuel left than me riding solo, but not a significant amount. I don’t think they have a low fuel warning come on. But I have them on power and speed. They are wide open throttle at 50-55 and I can do 55-60. When just playing on the river with the family, I think I can put about 4 hours on my engine meter with a full tank of gas - that is some riding, idling, a little towing kneeboarding or tubing. I am pretty impressed with the fuel economy of this older machine.

Not sure... but you might find some internet searches or magazine reviews that have completed a more scientific fuel consumption analysis. For the machines you are comparing. I have been impressed with mine though, because it is older and seems to be just slightly lower economy than my buddies newer Yamaha VX machines and I have more power and speed.

I have been looking online for weeks trying to figure what to purchase. I am coming from a rfi gtx 2 stroke and found a gti-se 130 and a 04 gtx 155 and a Stx-15f. But really stuck between the 130 and 15f since I read the 04 4tech have some sort of sodium valves that can cause issues.

Although I bleed seadoo yellow I’ll be honest with you that the 4-stroke seadoos are not the most reliable skis. They have the most tech and looks of the brands but reliability in general is pretty bad. If I were getting a 4 stroke I would go Yamaha. Yes they aren’t the most flashy or have cool features but they are probably the most reliable. There is a reason all rental companies use Yamaha.

Can’t afford a new one and used Yamaha around here are rare and expensive. From my research the 15f is super reliable.

Like mikidymac, I'm a big seadoo fan, but I bought an 09 Yama FXHO for my planned trips between Fort Lauderdale and the Bahamas. I believe Yamaha is better on fuel and is more reliable, unless you go for the supercharged Yama, then all bets are off. They seem to blow up just as often as the Doo's. The HO can certainly guzzle some fuel, but so will any ski going 65mph. They are not as comfortable as seadoo though, and feel like they're designed for people under 6' of height. They also feel top heavy/tall. I will always have an X4 to have fun with, but a Yama for long cruises and reliability.

I found an 06 Yamaha FX cruser ho it’s a long drive though. Has 209 hrs seems a bit high but looks mint. Just not sure if it’s to big and cadalacish to have fun with lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back