Forgot to plug drain plug....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

peter80229

So I just bought a 2017 Seadoo Spark 3up, Pulled up to the lake and during the inspection the guy told me I need to have my drain plug unplugged up until right before I dropped the Spark in the water. I unplugged it and of course forgot to plug it back in before running it in the water. I ran the Spark for maybe 2 minutes with the drain unplugged (just enough time to the get to the slow speed marker on the lake and back) the IBR icon went on and the Check Engine message and light as well with beeping every few seconds. I plugged the drain on the ski immediately as soon as i got to shallow enough water where I could stand. I pulled the ski out and tried blowing the water out by revving it with the drain unplugged for about 30 seconds. I checked the engine compartment but it was completely dry. I checked the oil, I was looking for the milk appearance but did not see any, the oil did appear slightly more diluted. The ski turns over fine and starts right up with no issues or funny sounding noises from the engine. I have read on other forums that you want to get the water out ASAP from the ski before rusts sets in, this happened last night and the dealership won't be able to work on the ski until tomorrow, is this too long? Also this happened in fresh water. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Peter

Back