Florida Mercury Mechanic Needed !! 2003 challenger 2000 240 efi

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnsin

Hello everyone !!!! I am in need of a seadoo jetboat mechanic that specializes in the merc 240EFI. After reading alot of Doc's threads , it has become very obvious that i probably have no reason to owning a seadoo or possibly any other boat for that matter. I have very limited mechanical know how and very little patience to go along with it.

I have just purchased a 2003 seadoo challenger 2000 with the merc 240 EFI. I bought it from a guy who said he hadn't ran it in almost two years. I hired a "mechanic" to come look at it and hopefully get it running. He got it running , tuned it up/new battery and some chemicals to flush the fuel system and clean the injectors / motor.

I took it to the local lake and ran it for about a half hour with limited power. After a few more minuets it started to wake up and ran strong and kept getting better as we drove it. I took it home and a week later decided to take the family out. Got out of the no wake zone ......5 min. later the engine just stopped. Tried for about 40 min to get it going again with no luck.....Sea tow to the rescue !!! I have a feeling it wasn't cleaned out enough and i am having fuel issues. Like i said , i am mechanically challenged and would rather pay someone that knows what they are doing to look at it and repair it instead of me monkeying with it and causing more harm than good. Any help with a central/northern Florida mechanic would be very much appreciated..

SO far ---- $4000.00 boat and trailer
$1000.00 tune up/parts/labor/chemicals ( I think I got Ripped off !!!!) :banghead:

Shawn

[MENTION=16022]Dr Honda[/MENTION]
Let's see what Doctor tony says about your problem.

Oh yeah, Welcome to the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back