Fixing faded plastic (dash cover and steering wheel)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

LSaupe

I have been trying to come up with a good way to restore my green dash cover and green section of the steering wheel. It is faded real bad. I am trying to avoid painting.

I see some, in similar applications have recovered the original unfaded color by using a heat gun or light pass with a propane torch.

Others recommend Flood Penetrol from Home Depot or the like. Have any of you had success in restoring the color on your faded platic parts using these or other techniques?

Any success stories/advice here appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used Mother's Back to Black and a lot of elbow grease, works real well but you will need to re-apply every couple of months.

Lou

Don't use any of that I will be doing a how to with pictures. All you will need is a drill and a $8 attachment and a $13 bottle of compound. Give me a week and it will be up here. I will put a link to my befor and after pics. Trust me a hour or two of your time and it will look like new and it will hold up most of the time those other methods are short fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back