Fish pro Trophy 2022 - Battery Question

maca9nz

Hi All

I have the 2022 Fishpro trophy with the dual battery that comes standard.

Firstly:

Are these 2 batteries in parallel? Or is one for starting and one for instruments only?

Second:

I have been told that attaching a high quality charger cable with a plug that allows trickle charging whenever the ski is in storage is best for battery.

does anyone else have the charging cable attached so it’s a simple plug and charge while the battery remains connected?

Cheers

The Fish Pro Trophy and Sport which has a second Battery is only for Accessories. So, you don't have a second available Cranking Battery. I fit lots of Dual Batteries on all model Jetskis but haven't worked out a system for these yet. While you're at it get rid of that Live Bait Pump and seal the through hole up in the Hull it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Hi All

Firstly:

Are these 2 batteries in parallel? Or is one for starting and one for instruments only?

Second:

I have been told that attaching a high quality charger cable with a plug that allows trickle charging whenever the ski is in storage is best for battery.

does anyone else have the charging cable attached so it’s a simple plug and charge while the battery remains connected?

Cheers
Hi there!

I also have a 2022 Fish Pro and was wondering the same two questions. I think the batteries are in series. If so, I was wondering if there is a specific order to replace my new batteries i.e. Install the accessory battery first or doesn’t it matter. Did you install the trickle charger extensions?
Take care…

Hi All

Firstly:

Second:

Cheers
Hi there!

I also have a 2022 Fish Pro and was wondering the same two questions. I think the batteries are in series. If so, I was wondering if there is a specific order to replace my new batteries i.e. Install the accessory battery first or doesn’t it matter. Did you install the trickle charger extensions?
Take care…

Hello
Unfortunately, BRP has put the batteries in parallel without a main switch and for reasons unknown to me the main battery has a maximum output of 280 amps while the side battery only has 230 amps, which means that the side battery can have a higher load when in use and therefore a shorter life. In repeated engine starts, on the other hand, the temperature of the main battery with a higher power can also rise more (which shortens the lifespan) and the engine alternator can even charge the batteries unevenly, which leads to the destruction of the second battery. In fact, the main battery of my Seadoo 2022 Trophy was dead after the winter of 2023-24 (trickle charging done with the excellent Swedish CTEK charger) and had to be replaced. I did an AI search for such an arrangement where these facts became known. Here in Finland, between 60 and 70 degrees north latitude, such electrical installations can be disastrous.
Otherwise, in Mexico, the O-ring of the Garmin GT15M-IH sonar has not been installed correctly and it was bent and leaking, so the medium (water-friendly coolant:rolleyes:) has slowly flowed into the bilge and the sonar has stopped working 2 times/summer, I have made a warranty claim on the matter and because the entire cover of the water jet has to be removed to install the new sensor, I will also change the batteries to exactly the same electrical values.
In addition, I will change the fixed trim tabs by changing them to adjustable ones so that I have 2 4 and 6 inches longer easily replaceable trim tabs because the ST 3 frame is far too rear-weighted, I will find out if this could help with the too much aft weight occurring at glide speeds.

Back