Fish Pro transducer placement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukey

I have a 2019 Fish Pro and the only gripe I have with it is the placement of the Garmin EchoMap 62cv transducer inside the hull. Unfortunately this eliminates the SideVu (side scan) function. I figure that in order to fix this I will need to mount the transducer outside the hull on the transom.

Has anyone already tried this? If not, has anyone mounted a transducer to the rear of their ski (especially the ST3 hull)? Is there a particular spot to mount it to keep it away from air bubbles / turbulence?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I have a 2019 Fish Pro and the only gripe I have with it is the placement of the Garmin EchoMap 62cv transducer inside the hull. Unfortunately this eliminates the SideVu (side scan) function. I figure that in order to fix this I will need to mount the transducer outside the hull on the transom.

Has anyone already tried this? If not, has anyone mounted a transducer to the rear of their ski (especially the ST3 hull)? Is there a particular spot to mount it to keep it away from air bubbles / turbulence?

Thanks.
I installed a transducer on a ST3 hull strait down from the flush out port. It works well except at trolling speeds as the IBS gate to control the speed creates too much turbulence, likely the reason for the through hull installation. Since my install is on a Wake Pro, could you tell me the specific location of your transducer mount? Thanks

Thanks.
I installed a transducer on a ST3 hull strait down from the flush out port. It works well except at trolling speeds as the IBS gate to control the speed creates too much turbulence, likely the reason for the through hull installation. Since my install is on a Wake Pro, could you tell me the specific location of your transducer mount? A photo would be greatly appreciated.

I installed a transducer on a ST3 hull strait down from the flush out port. It works well except at trolling speeds as the IBS gate to control the speed creates too much turbulence, likely the reason for the through hull installation. Since my install is on a Wake Pro, could you tell me the specific location of your transducer mount? A photo would be greatly appreciated.

Hi
I am in the same predicament. Just wondering if you ever found a good spot to mount in the hull on the st3 hull (wake pro). Or did you ever discover where exactly it is located on a Fish Pro?. Only spot I can see is to the rear of the Seadoo ( between engine and exhaust) about 4 inches off center . Little worried as this is the flattest part of the hull but is still at a slight angle. Searched the internet with no success for the installation manual for the Seadoo Garmin upgrade.
Thank you

My Garmin Striker 4 came with a foam square surround for the transducer intended to be used each time it was placed in a kayak filled with water. I ended up putting it the same place you identified, did an initial test with water, then cleaned, dried and epoxied it in place. I was able to turn it so that the bottom was in a horizontal position (meaning the transducer was in a compensating angle to the hull). To be clear, it transmits through the hull and is not a thru hull which penetrates the hull. Worked well last fall up to about 45 mph, I'm now laid up for the winter. Of concern is that the epoxy may eventually crack or otherwise break away from the top surface of the bottom of the hull, in which case I'll have to chip away the epoxy residue from the craft and the transducer, probably necessitating replacing the transducer. Suggest coating the bottom surface of the transducer with epoxy, filling the foam "cup" with the same and then turn it in place to hopefully avoid any bubbles. Good luck!

I found a link to the install manual from BRP. This should help with anyone else trying to install a fish finder on the st3 hull. I am installing a Humminbird Helix 5 sonar/GPS G2. Mounted via Ram Mount suction cup on the glove box just infront of the handle bars. I will use the install manual from BRP for the usb port to rout my wires for the Helix.

I will post pictures when I am done (late January or early February). Unfortunately I won't be able to test the setup till May as my lake is frozen solid.

Not showing the bottom and not showing the depth

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200810-203354_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200810-203354_Gallery.jpg
    961.4 KB · Views: 27
@Avi123 I had this happen within the first couple of months on the Fish Pro. I found that the fluid in the transducer mount was not completely full, after topping this off it worked again. I'm not sure where it went as its not leaking out and the transducer worked for a couple of months before giving me issues.
You could also check the connector located in the engine compartment, top right. It is a threaded connector and I noticed that this was loose when trouble shooting mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back