First time in the water this year and wont go over 5mph.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm not going to argue the point. Apparently mine acted differently than Miki's when my a-pump circuit didn't function properly. Though without actually experiencing or even hearing yours, based on what I can interpret, I can only give you the easiest thing to check that is a possibility. Your choice if you want to take the 5 minutes it takes to either verify or eliminate it.

My dad says he put an entire can of seafoam in the gas tank which has about 8-10 gallons in it. I just read some threads that seafoam should not be used on these 2 strokes? Ive never heard of that before and have never had issues using it in snowmobiles.

With all due respect I think you need to start checking the items we have offered instead of just what your dad has said.
The accelerator pump takes less than 5 minutes to check.

Also an entire can of Seafoam isn't good but that isn't causing you problems and won't fix them either.

i'll check and see if the a pump is working saturday and report back. weird it ran fine on the trailer before being put away though

Yes but running on the trailer won't tell you anything except that it runs. It's when you get a load on it in the water that you find if it is running correctly.

I had a simular issue with my 96 GTI but would boggle at mid throttle .... so i began with replacing the original grey fuel lines witch came back so often on this forum and ztill had the problem the took carbs apart for cleaning and verification .. and still the same ... check fuel pump pressure and was down 1 pound so ordered a kit and rebuit the pump and still the problm persist ... obviously i had check the filter and removed the gas tank to make sure that all was good ... so there wasnt much left to check aside for the gas selector switch witch as a valve to connect all hoses ... a friend of mine make a living reparing pwc and said to me over the phone ( cause he lives 100 klm from me ) that if i was still running on original fuel lines that these disinagrated from the inside so its non apparent but often clog the valve holes and not let enough gas through ... so back to my ski i went and bypassed the switch to verify and my ski took off like never before ... this problm started with a small cut off at full throttle 4 summers ago and got worst only last year ... so i replaced the switch with a new one and its heaven ... no hesitation what so ever ... first time since i bought it ... hope this helps

Thanks but when I bought the ski last year I replaced all the fuel lines, switch and rebuilt the carbs with genuine mikuni kits

I surely missed that part but hopefully it will help someone else who like me searched who is still searching ... goodluck to you with your trouble !!!

So I just went and checked it out and it's not looking good and I need help. First of all the metal bases of the spark plugs were completely covered in rust. Non stainless hose clamps I had put on the fuel lines last year were completely rusted. I took the plugs out and they were WET with water. I changed them over and cranked it over and then took the new ones out and they were wet and had brownish rusty water on them. Now mind you this was put away in a heated basement. The only time this saw water was when it was put in the lake about a month ago, it ran like crap not going over 5mph and then was parked in the water at its mooring.

How on earth did everything get so rusty and how would water be introduced to the inside of the motor???????

I just asked my dad if when he ran it on the hose after taking it out of the basement to clear out the fogging oil if he shut the hose off first or the motor. He shut the motor off first.......so he successfully filled the motor with water correct???

He also says he ran it the following weekend and it ran fine for a few minutes before running like crap again so he insists that any water that was ingested should've cleared out. I'm so frustrated after all the hard work I put in last year I'm probably washing my hands of it and having him take it to a mechanic. And I always fix my own machines

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anything I can do to try and save it at this point? I tried turning it over with no plugs and didn't see water shooting out and there wasn't much on the plugs. What about pouring a little 2 stroke oil down the plug hole and turning it over to lubricate?

WD40 is your friend use a whole can. Keep spraying and turning. XPS lube or any marine synthetic lube like CRC will be better.

Then fire it up as soon as possible. You need to burn anything moisture out especially any left in crank.

So after 3 beers, cooling my own head down and doing some research I dumped a cap full of seadoo 2 stroke oil down each cylinder head. Put the old plugs in and cranked it over a few times and let it sit for a few minutes. Put the new plugs in with a squirt of starting fluid and it fired right up. Ran great! Sometimes at idle it would bog out and died twice on me in an hour. But started right back up and it was easy to overcome the bog and then it ran great!

So after 3 beers, cooling my own head down and doing some research I dumped a cap full of seadoo 2 stroke oil down each cylinder head. Put the old plugs in and cranked it over a few times and let it sit for a few minutes. Put the new plugs in with a squirt of starting fluid and it fired right up. Ran great! Sometimes at idle it would bog out and died twice on me in an hour. But started right back up and it was easy to overcome the bog and then it ran great!
I was going to say 4 beers would Doo it but you are obviously better than I am...

Well glad it fired but sitting more than a couple days with water in it the damage is done. Your cylinder and crank bearings are rusted and it is only a matter of time before they exit the cases.

I hate to be a downer but that's the truth.

I dunno I think the amount of water he got in it might have expelled when he drove it. I'm hoping it had the initial bog issues from the water but he said he was able to get over the bog and it ran fine. His story changed a few times his memory sucks. You could be right though. I guess time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back