First seadoo 1996 spx 720 need help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johannes Kalm

I’m 15 and new to seadoos, don’t know a ton about them but bought my first one for pretty cheap... I did tests with multimeter and found that the cdi was toast so after replacing that it started right up and ran very well just had a lot of smoke, first start up in a year or so. I’m wondering how to clean oil inside the hull around engine as well as I think their is a oil leak in the tank somewhere? Is their any common leaks on this seadoo. Seadoo still has all the grey fuel lines that I’m hoping to replace and do a carb rebuild might need some help on that don’t wanna screw anything up... thanks for the help.

Also still has old gas in it wondering if I siphon it out ? And wondering if I can take it out to the water before carb rebuild and new fuel lines

Also still has old gas in it wondering if I siphon it out ? And wondering if I can take it out to the water before carb rebuild and new fuel lines
Not worth roasting your motor. I used superclean, got it from walmart, let it sit for a minute or two then thoroughly rinse and scrub will get almost all the grime and junk inside out. Once you get the inside of the hull clean it should be pretty easy to spot where the oil leak is, probably the oil tank grommet.

Check compression on motor.

Follow carb rebuild sticky and follow exactly, only genuine mikuni kits, needles, and seats.
As you know, new fuel lines, also best to order a fuel selector, and fuel filter assy.

Do you know what kind of oil has been used in the ski? any tcw3 is a no no, if you don't know the color is a pretty good indicator on what type of oil it is. Either way I'd recommend ordering a new oil filter and some 3/32 tygon oil lines found on the rotary valve, with age the can become hard and brittle. Breaking off starving your motor for oil.

And yes, best to siphon out as much of the old gas as possible.

While you're doing all this I'd inspect your jetpump. Wear ring clearance should be paperthin, any more than that and you'll be experiencing some cavitation. Change the pump oil, order the orings, sealant, and a neoprene seal and you should be good to go.

The oil is blue and I ran a compression test got 150 on both which was good. did you use a spray bottle for super clean? I was just gonna try and clean the fuel selector in my dads part washer is that worth it or no

The oil is blue and I ran a compression test got 150 on both which was good. did you use a spray bottle for super clean? I was just gonna try and clean the fuel selector in my dads part washer is that worth it or no
Blue? Most likely the wrong tcw3 oil, no worries. Just empty the tank and flush the system with the correct oil right here:
https://www.amazon.com/BRP-XPS-2-Stroke-Mineral-Gallon/dp/B07611CSTGAlong with replacing with new oil filter. Along with replacing your 3/32 tygon lines.

Ya my impeller has sand it in still from the last use that I cleaned out so worried about the jet pump a little. Not to sure on my skills to work on the jet pump and take it apart is it a tough job ?

Ya my impeller has sand it in still from the last use that I cleaned out so worried about the jet pump a little. Not to sure on my skills to work on the jet pump and take it apart is it a tough job ?
not really, what's the wear ring clearance like? Also if there's a good bit of sand in it. I'd go through your cooling lines and make sure nothing is clogged up with sand too.

Detach steering cable, and then four bolts going to hull and your pump is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back