First Sea-Doo Spark Test Ride(Review)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Kozy

My wife and I just got the chance to ride the Spark in St. Petersburg last weekend for the Seadoo test ride event. We first rode the Spark by ourselves, she rode on a pink HO 3-seater and I was on a orange HO 2-seater. We were able to each do 4 laps on a test track area they had setup in the lake. They explained the simple operation of the Spark and let me know how to switch into Sport mode, and I was off. I got out of the wake zone and hit the gas, the front end instantly jumped out of the water and a smile instantly appeared on my face. The Spark felt great, it accelerated fast, was nimble and very easy to control, and seemed quite fast on the straight away. I've only ridden on a family friends 3-up Yahmaha jetksi before so I don't have a bunch of experience with jetskis, but damn the Spark felt awesome.

After our first test ride my wife and I were also able to ride double up on a grey HO 2-up one. They recommended putting it in sport mode right away with 2 people which I did. The spark seemed to have pretty much the same acceleration and speed the biggest difference in riding 2-up seemed to be the stability. Riding only by myself it was incredibly easy to whip around and make the turns fast and easy, but with a passenger it was a bit more tipsy and I definitely had to take the corners quite a bit slower. It felt like it could have been fairly easy to tip over with 2 people until we would get used to riding together more.

I had an awesome time with the Sparks, since they came out and I saw them on the website I definitely wanted to test ride one. Now that I have our biggest concern is do we buy one or two. :thumbsup:

yeah great review, buy two!! its always more fun without someone on back, haven't really heard anyone say they didn't like the spark, makes me really want one now!
wonder if theres any difference in speed between the 2 up and 3 up,and how much, and how much more nimble the 2 up is compared to the 3 up.
matt

I only bought one and now I regret it! so buy 2!

Now Im contemplating buying another one BUT i have the extra expense now of getting a double up trailer :(

I bought 2, one for me and one for the g/f...you can probably guess which one is mine and which one is hers.... Already had a double trailer for a set of Yami's that I own (that currently both have busted motors, so I can fix them while I ride these!)...

Get 2!!! I get bored riding by myself and even more bored with another rider... I like riding with her each on our own...worth it to me!

ya to me that's the only problem is sometimes get bored when riding alone so I try to convince people as often as I can to buy one, this winter I got a couple more buddies to buy their own which is sweet, so now we got a group of four or five of us, plus my spx which is basically a spare now that wifes pregnant lol..and the good thing about the sparks is that you can buy two for basically the price of a new rxpx! and more fun imo as I like playing more then speed, they look sweet but man they're big..a two person speedster

Well so far we've only gone on the alafia river, launched at park right near 301. While on the river I noticed that someone living along it has an orange spark too.

Well so far we've only gone on the alafia river, launched at park right near 301. While on the river I noticed that someone living along it has an orange spark too.

Nice, I love in Apollo Beach. Maybe we'll bump into each other one day. I usually go out from E.G. Simmons park. I live just down the street so its convenient when I want to go out for a quick ride.

Jay

If any of you guys in the Tampa Bay area wanna get together for a ride, let me know we're definitely down.

I also attended the seadoo test drive event but down here in Miami ( it was actually in one of the keys technically ) im glad I did. the 2up felt very unstable and hard to manuver. the 3 up felt perfect. imagine getting a piggy back ride from a toddler and from a 16 yr old. both have the same amount of super human strength. think of how it would feel on a toddler who walks all wobbly vs a teenager who walks normally. that is how these two wave runners felt. i felt like i was going to tip over on the 2up. and that is talking just driving it pretty slow. of course the 3 up is $1300 more. blah. oh well. you couldnt pay me to drive a 2up. both machines felt like they had plenty of power and kick though. see if there are any test drive events in your area by going to the seadoo website. they are still doing some. they are fun,free and you get a free tshirt at the end :)

If any of you guys in the Tampa Bay area wanna get together for a ride, let me know we're definitely down.

How are you liking them? We don't get out on the water as much as we'd like to.. Too busy during the summer.

We love them. We've been out on them at least once a week. Have probably about 15 hours on each one so far.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Back