Finally working on my 95 XP - Opinions on aftermarket parts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spunbearing

Hey guys,

I finally got time to look at my 95 XP and I was able to sort out the electrical issues and get it to start with some premix in the carbs. While I am waiting on parts to rebuild the fuel system I thought I would ask your opinion on the aftermarket parts the previous owner installed. From what I have seen so far it looks like he installed Vortex Ocean Pro spark arrestors and an aftermarket WF BER-7200 head. Anyone know anything about these parts? From what I found on the forum it looks like I am better off going back to stock for the intake but I am really not sure what to make of the head. Any help/opinions would be great.

IMG_20190908_170724_small.jpg

IMG_20190908_170733_small.jpg

I would do a compression test to see if that setup has been wearing away at things over the years. If premium fuel was used and the head dome cc size is not too small then the head should be fine.

The OP FA's are OK too if the pop off pressure was lowered or the low speed jet size increased. If they just bolted them on it may cause a lean bog when you stab the gas from idle. If the compression test checks out I'd see how it runs in the water after you have replaced those original fuel lines and serviced the rest of the fuel system.

Thank for the reply Matt. If I remember correctly one of the cylinders was 135psi and the other was 142. Not perfect but usable for now. Because I don't know what the correct jetting should be with this intake and head I am going to find an original airbox to switch back to and jet it back to stock.

Anyone know where the best place to get carb parts is? I see a Genuine Mikuni store on Amazon but it looks like they don't sell jets, springs or valve/valve seats. I could also use some help finding some good oil line hose and a new start/stop button.

If you are only getting 135 and 142 with that head and your tester is correct that top-end is done. You should be in the 170-180 range.

The easiest one-stop shopping for the carb parts is OSD Seadoo.

Thanks for the input Mikidymac. It should really be getting that high of a psi rating? I thought the gold standard is 150psi, this head will add 20-30 psi? Can I run stock jetting with this head or will there be issues?

I appreciate all the aftermarket experience guys!

Yes, it should.
The rule of thumb is basically 180 psi is the max for 91 octane pump gas.
So if we assume it's a pump gas heat the 180-170 psi is pretty normal in performance heads.

Since you have an aftermarket air cleaner you will have to have different jetting and pop-off than stock.

Jetting is not that big of a deal by just swapping a head but you have to only run 91 minimum octane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back