Finally got the boat out

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterbug13

After fixing were someone drilled a small hole by the drain plug and a few other holes and replacing the drain plug with a brass set up I finally got it out for a hour or so. It seems like it had a lot of water in it when I pulled it out and pulled the plug. It even had water in the ski locker and the engine bay smelled like brakes is the best I can describe. Maybe it's normal I'm not sure but wanted to check with those who have these. Oh it's a 2012 challenger 210. Other then that it runs great everything seems to work and I am amazed how responsive this boat is.

You may want to keep an eye out for the source of the water. When we took our boat out for the first time after purchase we had alot of water in it as well but in our case it must have settled in the hull and moved to the drain plug. The boat was sitting for at least a year so it seemed water had gathered and finally drained out. Maybe something similar with you?

The holes are a bit of a concern but sounds like you took care of them. Did you look in the engine compartment while it was running in the water? Generaly we don't get much water but any boat is going to get some water in it especially if your swimming and what not, it's actually more than you would think.

As for the smell, there is a smell after running not sure I would call it brakes but there is a definite smell.

You may want to keep an eye out for the source of the water. When we took our boat out for the first time after purchase we had alot of water in it as well but in our case it must have settled in the hull and moved to the drain plug. The boat was sitting for at least a year so it seemed water had gathered and finally drained out. Maybe something similar with you?

The holes are a bit of a concern but sounds like you took care of them. Did you look in the engine compartment while it was running in the water? Generaly we don't get much water but any boat is going to get some water in it especially if your swimming and what not, it's actually more than you would think.

As for the smell, there is a smell after running not sure I would call it brakes but there is a definite smell.
Thank you for your reply! It could be water settling I guess I'm used to regular boats and the water has a straight line to plug. I did do a wash on the inside of it last week and put a lot of water in it to check the bilge pump and clean some of grime out of the ski locker and inside the boat some. That's how I found the hole and noticed the drain plug broken. Still not sure what they had mounted there it makes no sense but all of that is fixed now. they were 1/8 holes and used one of the drain plug screws that's what broke it.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1533606505086.jpg
    FB_IMG_1533606505086.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 23
Looks like there are 4 holes just under the swim deck, did you fix those?

I have found when you wash the inside of the boat... The next time you go in the water there seems to be an additional water that moves toward the drain plug and appears there was a 'leak'. There must be some areas that hold water until you start moving the boat around. Just my experience...

Yea I fixed all the holes with marine epoxy and put a new brass plug assm in that's why I didn't get it out over the weekend I wanted everything to cure. I have no idea what they had mounted there but they broke off one screw and just chalked over it. I've worked on enough boats over the yrs and restored a few to learn to use the proper stuff. It may take longer but you won't have headaches later. Just never messed with one of these before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back