Filters and Jets ??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Guy

When y'all tell someone that they may want to change "Filters and Jets" what are you refering to? On my 95 GTX is that an easy way to get a few more reliable horse power? and if so what are the best ones to get?

When y'all tell someone that they may want to change "Filters and Jets" what are you refering to? On my 95 GTX is that an easy way to get a few more reliable horse power? and if so what are the best ones to get?

Have a shop close to you mill the head and cut the dome for a little more compression... Will need to tune the carbs also...

That's the cheapest way to go without losing reliability...

Have a shop close to you mill the head and cut the dome for a little more compression... Will need to tune the carbs also...

That's the cheapest way to go without losing reliability...

So, are you saying don't do filters and jets or do the head in addioion to Filters & Jets?

I think I should go thru the carbs anyway since its Never been done and it runs a bit rough at about 1/3 throttle, WOT is smooth however.

Thanks

What kind of riding do you do and how much money are you willing to spend on it?

If you want to get a different flame arrestor that flows better, than you're going to run lean and will have to tune for it. You probably won't need to rejet. Downside is that the new "filters" won't stop water from getting in the carbs.

So if you're riding in the surf or jumping waves, I'd keep the stock one.

I don't do much jumping and no surf cuz I'm on a lake :( Mainly just running around and pulling wake skate and wakeboards. I've never rolled it but with high school and college kids running it, it's probably bound to happen.

I was going to go thru the carbs, clean them out etc because it's never been done and it runs a bit rough at low rpms so I thought while I was in there I'd tweek it a bit but maybe I should leave well enough alone.

I don't plan on pulling the head so I wonder if the performance difference would be noticeable for just new flame arrestors and jets...

If you just add an aftermarket air filter like a PROK you will have to re jet the carbs for the added air intake along with lowering the pop off pressure. Your boat will run like crap without changing the spring and the needle and seat.

Bill O Neil is the man and his jet kits are really good at getting some more power out of your ski.

If you go with PROK's which are about the best you will need to get a cover called outwears that go around the filter to help prevent water from entering into the motor.

the milled head idea is also a good way to get extra throttle responce but you will not gain any top end just more bottom end.

A good bottom to mid range prop will also help out and it won't effect reliability.

I believe your motor is either a 657 or 718 either way when you go with a aftermarket filter you should get a carb brace also.

Im sure after I write this, someone will write the same thing back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back