Few question about my XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

willaug

I could really use some help here. Just bought a 94 SeaDoo XP 650 and am really wanting to get it in the water this weekend but it seems to be idleing kind of high, the tach doesent work so I dont know how high exactly. Anyone know how to adjust this? Also it is missing a part in the exact spot of the gas cap but on the other side of the machine, I know it has to do with the trim because it moves when i adjust the trim with the button on the bars, what is supposed to be there?

its probably because the ski is out of the water... there isnt a load on it so it idles higher than in the water... i think some where between 2500 and 3000 rpm if i recall correctly...

andf the black cap you are refering to is most likely the fuel selector indicator.. it tells you where the fuel valve is set to. like if its on res. on or the off position

thanks guys, the idle was just because it was out of water, after i droped it in the river all was fine. I still dont know about the trim thing, its not the fuel selector...i know there that is. located exactly where gas cap is but on the left side of the machine if you are sitting on it. It moves when i adjust the trim with the switch on the bars, but i dont know what its supposed to do??

That's your trim indicator. The red needle moves up and down to show where the trim is set at. Yes, it does look similar to the gas cap.

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back