Failed Jet Pump Rebuild on 08 RXT-X what did I do wrong?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerstroke250r

So I purchased a jet pump rebuild kit for my 2008 RXT-X 255 ski. Bearings were toast. I followed a video on youtube and everything I thought went smooth. When I installed the impeller, the outer inside hub of the impeller was contacting the pump housing. Which told me my shaft was not far enough forward. I pressed bearing first onto shaft and then that assembly into the housing and was 100 percent sure it bottomed out. I then thought that since I put some grease on housing to lube it before I pressed assembly in that maybe there was a layer of grease that was preventing it from bottoming out. But when I took it apart it shows that it was bottomed out and it just pushed the grease out.

So my question is, in the past I would re order parts and try again but now I am trying to figure out why the shaft couldnt go farther foward. I noticed that there are two lips on the back side of housing where the bearing presses into. Is that right or is one of the lips a piece of the old bearing?

IMG_0261.jpg

I would normally take it to someone by now but there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to do this.

Thanks
Tyler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back