Factory hour meter wrong?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

robertm

Anybody else heard of the hour meters being off on the '08 challenger 180s? On the 'other' forum a guy is telling me that I probably have closer to 18-25hrs rather than the 8hrs the meter is showing.

Was wondering if anybody else has taken their boat in for service only to find out they have a lot more hours on it than they thought.

I'm trying to decide if I should take it out one more time or not. I'd rather wait the full ten hours but don't want to go out again if I really have closer to 20 hrs.

I have see this happen a few times. Wait till the 10 hour check and have it replaced under warranty. The mpem,( Multi Purpose Electronic Module) will keep track of the real hours, and it won't be erased. The hour meter is just for maintenance schedule times.

Karl

I have an '08 Speedster 150 and the hour meter on it has been very accurate. I don't keep track of it any more but for the first 20 hours or so it was bang on.

I've got a dumb question that maybe you can answer. I've got a 98 sportster 1800 that is my first boat and I can't find an hour meter anywhere, any help?

Our older boats don't have any visible hour meter gauge.

I was hoping it was in the MPEM and with the right computer (dealer) you could get an approximate hours from it. Is it stored in there?

Thanks!

Yes, the MPEM keeps a running time on the clock. I got mine checked and added a hr. meter to keep track of the time on the boat for maintenance.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back