Engine swap

Gary pope

Water Crafts
01 sea doo rx di. 95 sea doo speedster.
Ok I just picked up a 93 sea doo spx with a trailer a guy gave me...upon inspecting the motor, it did start up but then it dies. I found out that someone by passed the oil pump and I really have no idea if and what ratio they ran it if any st all. I was wondering if maybe a 657, 657x or even a 720 would fit right in it?

Attachments

glsmohio

Water Crafts
(2) 1996 xp , 1996 spx ,1997 spx. 1997 GS, 1994 spx, 1994 xp, 2000 xpl
Any of them fit, but the elections might be a problem. I'm not sure on the 580. Why not just make this ski run...u can pre mix

Gary pope

Water Crafts
Well because the guy that I got it from bought it this past summer and he only had it out on the water one time and it died on him and he is not answering my messages when I ask him if this was pre-mix or not, because I just took the carburetors off and found out they did bypassed it will p well because the guy that I got it from bought it this past summer and he only had it out on the water one time and it died on him and he is not answering my messages when I ask him if this was pre-mix or not, because I just took the carburetors off and found out they did bypassed the oil pump. I do have a good oil pump I took off a 720, I’m wondering if that should fit

glsmohio

Water Crafts
(2) 1996 xp , 1996 spx ,1997 spx. 1997 GS, 1994 spx, 1994 xp, 2000 xpl
You can just run it premix. Forget all about the previous owner and start from the beginning. Do a compression test see what you come up with if that's good clean the carburetors and just stay with premix. You might need to redo the few lines as well

Gary pope

Water Crafts
Well I really don’t trust this guy saying that he Ranett pre-mix or not, I am going to tear the carburetors apart and rebuild them and take the gas out of the tank and put new gas in it, I really like using these oil pumps though, do you think the 720 pump is good enough for the 587?

Gary pope

Water Crafts
You know what, on second thought I just looked at my oriole pump that I have in one of the tabs are broken off so that’s a no go. OK as far as running pre-mix what is a good mixture to run for a 93 Sea-Doo SPX with the 587?

mikidymac

Staff member
Water Crafts
2003 GTI
2001 XP
1997 GSX
1996 XP
1996 HX
1996 SPX
01' Superjet
Run it at 40:1. I would still check compression before you spend a dime on it or waste any time with the carbs.

Adsense

Usergroup

Administrator Moderator Premium Member