Engine rebuilders

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike97GTI

Hello everyone, I am new here I’m new to PWC I did a search for engine rebuilders and recommendations but everything is so old that I found? I’m looking for a company to rebuild my 720 engine anyone have any recommendations That are more current up-to-date on things I found were SCS and SBT and seems like a lot of people are not real happy with either one? In the old posts anyway, maybe the companies change and got better or worse or?

Last edited:
I just had an engine rebuilt by 5 star services in Michigan. He's local for me and I was very happy with his service. Super fast turn around, good price, and so far everything is good. If you try to reach him he did tell me Friday he was going on vacation for 3 weeks.

Ok thanks , I think I’m just gonna do it myself I’m an older guy it’s been a while but I used to rebuild two-stroke dirt bikes and 4 Stroke Rd. bike motors been a long time that’s why I was thinking about just having them do it but for one I can’t get anyone to call me back which would propose a problem if you ever need
warranty work also I’m in California and they’re on the other side of the states so the cost for shipping is not to cost effective. Still thinking about it though.

Last edited:
Ok thanks , I think I’m just gonna do it myself I’m an older guy it’s been a while but I used to rebuild two-stroke dirt bikes and 4 Stroke Rd. bike motors been a long time that’s why I was thinking about just having them do it but for one I can’t get anyone to call me back which would propose a problem if you ever need
warranty work also I’m in California and they’re on the other side of the states so the cost for shipping is not to cost effective. Still thinking about it though.

Yes, if you have the skills always better to do it yourself. Where in Cali?

I’ve bought refurbished cranks from SBT, they send the new one and you swap your old i to the box it came in, slap the label on and drop off. Usually quick. Havent had any trouble with it. FullBore do a fine job boring cylinders, but tend to be way behind schedule and dont pick up the phone too often. I’ve used a local shop here in Orlando lately for cylinder work. Find a local shop with good rep and experience in 2strokes to do the bores.
Everything else…well don’t skimp on the carb rebuild kit. $55 for the good stuff per carb is just worth it. Replace the grey Tempo lines with marine spec lines. Buy the Oetiker type clamps they are solid. Everything else is just some elbow grease, the 720 is a solid workhorse, give it the love it deserves and it won’t let you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back