Engine for 92 XP WANTED

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

89SEAPOO

How much would it cost to get an engine for this? I can buy a 92 XP for 100 that is in excellent condition but is missing the engine. The guy paid someone to rebuild it and the guy moved away and never heard from him since and enver got the engine back either. Otherwise it is complete. I would like to purchase it if its not impossible to find an engine for one of these? Does anyone have a price range or ball par estimate, or better yet one for sale? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it is easy to get a refurbished motor if u have the old one to trade in. if you have a old motor thats blown for it u can send it and give them 800 dollars and they will send you a good one. the website is somthing like www.sbtontheweb.com or somthing

Yes, it is easy to get a refurbished motor if u have the old one to trade in. if you have a old motor thats blown for it u can send it and give them 800 dollars and they will send you a good one. the website is somthing like www.sbtontheweb.com or somthing

Thats not a feasible suggestion as the guy hasn't got an engine to put in as core

I suggest you search on ebay or here on the buy sell trade thread
and buy an engine that has been removed from a ski that they are parting out hopefully you will be able to pick up a good running engine complete for maybe $400 - $600
or look for a very cheap blown engine to use as a core for exchange STB or the likes

i have 2 580 motors if interested. ine complete (minus carb) needs rebuild, the other needs rebuild missing stator and flywheel. interested? hundred bucks and what ever the shipping is. but both need rebuild.

How much would it cost to get an engine for this? I can buy a 92 XP for 100 that is in excellent condition but is missing the engine. The guy paid someone to rebuild it and the guy moved away and never heard from him since and enver got the engine back either. Otherwise it is complete. I would like to purchase it if its not impossible to find an engine for one of these? Does anyone have a price range or ball par estimate, or better yet one for sale? Thanks.

you'll need the "white" 587-motor, yellow wont work with the electrical in the ski. Here's a few on this page...
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=seadoo+587&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Be careful what you buy off of eBay. I looked at that link and one of the motors (picture) appears to not be the one they describe as the one taken out of the ski. Not saying you'll get burned off eBay...but I have been before.

If you can't find a motor, I think I have a few here I can rebuild and put something together for you if you need. No core charge crap to deal with or anything like that. It'd pretty much be a bolt in and go.

Back