Engine flooding on a gen2 M2.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

UKGlenn

Hi,
Have had a gen2 M2 Utopia for about 5 years and every now and again it has a problem re starting when warm. It usually fires up within a couple of seconds but when it doesnt it seems like the engine has flooded. If i take the cover off and leave the throttle open vapour can be seen coming out of it. If I leave it 20mins or so it will start straight away. It seems to be getting more of a problem and last year became so embarrassing at the fuel dock that I swore i would get rid of it this year.I am about to get the boat out of hibernation for the summer and do some work on her and just wanted to see what people thought about it. I have read a lot about fuel pumps and fuel injectors being serviced?

Have you ever checked the tps? When it fails, the ecm goes into full rich mode. I have had the fuel pressure regulator fail and pressure in the system went to 85psi instead of 36psi. This will make it run rich. Injectors- can fail stuck open (spraying all the time), fail stuck closed (no fuel into that cylinder) of just be dirty internally and have a bad spray pattern. If you take the injectors out for service, look into the reed blocks. Check for damaged or missing reeds. Any damage needs to be repaired before throttle body is replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back