Engine Alignment Problem 2011 Challenger 180

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

millertime23

The driver's side rear engine mount and the front engine mount only have 1 shim installed each.

In order to get the shaft alignment tool to even be close to lining up, I will have to use WAY more shims on the passenger side rear engine mount than the manual says is the max. It looks like I'd have to use about 4 or 5 of the thicker shims (maybe even more). Will this create a problem?

Also, the entire engine seems like it needs to be rotated clockwise to be straight with the alignment tool, you can kinda see this in the pics. I don't even know if "rotating" the engine clockwise is possible.

The alignment tool shaft seems to be coming through the hull way off to the left, it's not very centered in the opening. It's pretty clear in the second pic.

Could I have a problem on the mounting surface for the jet pump? Can the jet pump mount be shimmed? Really need some help from the pros on here!

20190504_164434.jpg20190504_164534.jpg

I was curious so I put a washer behind the alignment plate on the lower left bolt. It made a big difference on the shaft coming through straighter in the hull, but I'm not sure if this is an acceptable fix.

I did this without changing any of the existing engine shims.

20190505_105945.jpg

20190505_110045.jpg

If you had to shim the lower left side to line everything up, shouldn't you drop the front right mount by the same to alleviate the misalignment???

Did you replace the shims in the same way they were from the factory? Each mount is back in it's original spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back