Electrical

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

riffe723

Got to messing with my XP today which previous owner had cut some wires and had wire nuts on there. I went out today to solder up cut wires and stuff when I decided I was just going to re-pin the connectors. Where can I get these pins from? Looked at OEM but absolutely ridiculous to pay $5 per connector and that's simply not going to happen. Any help is appreciated. I've searched around online but really don't know what you would call these pins besides maybe Molex? I need Male and Female.20181209_145224.jpeg

A lot. Lol I'm going to redo then all because I've relocated gauges and such and I want to clean up the wiring. Obviously it'll be hard to make it work with a different ski later on but I want to make it look nice and clean it up.

I have some connectors with the associated wiring. I removed the connector and pins as units with enough wire to solder and replace. Basically pig tails. In the last couple of weeks I threw a number of these away because I didn't see any use for them. :) I was/am cleaning up. LOL

Ah I have exactly what you explained. I just want new pins for the connectors. I have the connectors and pig tails

So you want to replace all the pins ? With new. I don't think I have the proper tools for that. :) I'd worry too much that I'd have bad connections. I can't stand electrical stuff. It's sneaky, you can't see it, and it bites when you least expect it. :D

Ha ha. I edited my post. I understand. You just need an economical resource for supplies. I need a step by step to learn how to do this properly. I have a feeling that I'd crush the connection end of the pin with needle nose pliers to hold it in place and insure it made good contact. LOL Maybe a hammer. :) Good Luck !

Yeah. I've searched online and there are a ton of different sizes. Almost bought an assortment but veered and decided to ask and see if anyone on here knew

You might try the SeaDoo 2 Stroke forum on FaceBook. They have some sharp guys over there. Quick answers too.

There are two groups one is Sea-Doo 2 Stroke Owners (Official) and another forum. Good Luck !

Contact Nick at Westside Powersports Seadoo. He stocks them and sells them individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back