Electrical failure while running on water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ethan787900

Hi, yesterday I was buzzing around on my 2000 gti, when out of the blue complete loss of all electronics and ignition so I got stranded. When I got home me and my dad noticed that both of the fuses Had blown. I have tried replacing the rectifier and the fuse near the starter solenoid is fine but still no power. Any idea on what could have happened?

Hi, yesterday I was buzzing around on my 2000 gti, when out of the blue complete loss of all electronics and ignition so I got stranded. When I got home me and my dad noticed that both of the fuses Had blown. I have tried replacing the rectifier and the fuse near the starter solenoid is fine but still no power. Any idea on what could have happened?

Which fuses were blown?

If the magneto magneto or the coils shorted because they weren't grounded properly, it's possible that it could blow the fuse(s.)

But if you replace the fuses and as soon as you connect the battery and the blow sounds like someone connected a booster to the battery while in ski possibly damaging your mpem.

Although it can be less serious/different problems. There are more experienced people on this forum than me I am just giving you what I know.

So you replace the fuses and they blow immediately again when trying to start? Where you using the vts when the issue happened on the water? Any recent work done to the machine? Visual inspection Underhood, wiring rubbed through or corrosion in connectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back