Easy question I hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

97explorer717

Exhaust manifold to head "Jug" bolts.
ALLEN SCREW M10 X 60
Also need to know thread I guess. Have the old ones but thought maybe I should replace them? Maybe I could get off eBay or order from Fastenal? OEM finding for around $10 each. X8 = $80. Not looking to cheap out but has to be a better option. Will replace lock washers regardless. Used to get them elsewhere but guy no longer carries them.

Attachments

• IMAG4282.jpg
    IMAG4282.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMAG4281.jpg
    IMAG4281.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Should be 1.5 on the thread pitch. I bought some M8's on ebay when doing the build on my GSX since it was missing several here and there.

Since they're so cheap on ebay, M10 - 1.5 x 50mm - Qty 5 - A2 Stainless Steel SOCKET HEAD CAP Screws - DIN 912 | eBay I went with the longest length and cut them as I needed. I used a die to clean up the threads after cutting. Check the length, you may get lucky and find some that are the exact length you need.
That 1.5 is what I needed. The A2 I will have to check on. Also wasn't sure about possibly being a "stretch" Bolt. May have found the exact size on eBay. $10 each is crazy. I purchased the set of 8 from the guy that used to have them and their two years going strong. Paid like $18 shipped. Some mark up but not $80. Thanks!

You can buy the correct size from McMaster.com the A2 is fine, that's 18-8. A4 is 316 stainless, no need for that. Skipping is usually $9 or something like that, you'll have them in a few days. We use A4 all day long at work, pharmaceutical machines I build require 316 hardware with certification, you should see what we spend on hardware in the blink of an eye.

McMaster sells everything you could need, loctite, grease, everything. Very easy to order stuff along with your hardware to make it seem softer on the wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back