Drive seal help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

earlt

Well first trip out in my new to me 95 Sportster didn't go as planned. had a good 10 min. run then lost power. I've been reading posts on here for the last few hours, along with some YouTube videos. It looks like my problem is definitely in the drive shaft seal. in my brief experience with these it looks like it was changed by previous owner, I only say that because I seen posts where a PVC pipe had to be cut off to install a aluminum hull insert.
The seal and rubber hose appear in good condition. The bearing feels good it spins nicely and I don't feel any grit type spots when spinning it.
My question is. is it possible that who ever put it in never epoxied the aluminum hull insert in? if so am I able to just pump epoxy into it without taking the drive out? or is there something I'm missing

Attachments

• 20210609_162950.jpg
    20210609_162950.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210609_175120.jpg
    20210609_175120.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 10
I think you'll need to get the clamps off and get in there to take a better look. Pulling the drive shaft is not really too bad a chore once you've done it a time or two. Not sure about your boat but on mine the biggest challenge is compressing a boot to access and pull off a clip. Easy peezy after that. It helps to have a grabber tool and a magnetic pickup tool because you'll inevitably dr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back