Does a 2006 GTX 155 have depth finder?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe.

2006 had an option for depth finder. If it has a depth finder that option has to be turned on using the BUDS system that communicates with your ski's MPEM and ECU. During the process of matching (marrying) the dash to the ECM and MPEM, you get a list of options. If the option is checked and the hardware existis, then it works. If the option is checked and the hardware does not exist, then you get an error stored in the ECU. If the hardware is installed and the option is not checked then it gets ignored.

The depth finder needs a sonar device that sends pulses downward and receives the resulting echo back k. The pulse hits the bottom of the lack and bounces back. The sensor would normally be located at the lowest point in the hull of the boat. It will be epoxied to the bottom of the hull. It usually has two wires coming out of it that lead to the wiring harness. All the ones I have installed have been round, cup chapped, black plastic.

If you have that hardware then it time to trouble shoot. The blinking may be a sign that the wires became disconnected or the sensor is shot. If the ski is in the driveway on a trailer you will never get a depth reading. The pulses need to travel through the fiberglass or water. They act differently when traveling through air and just don't work. When the ski is in the water you will get a blinking or no display when the lake is so deep it exceeds the capability of your sonar system. Or if it is too shallow you might get a blink. My thoughts would be the system is not receiving the expected echo from the bottom of the lake.

Or...you just don't have the proper hardware for it to work but someone somehow turned the option on with the BUDS system (or an aftermarket CanDoo system).

Wow Nateccnn what a great reply. I bought the ski used and was just wondering. I will look into to it. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back