DESS Problem?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kimspitz

I've got a 2005 3D. Yesterday I used the ski, and it started and ran normally, but when I popped the lanyard off the engine continued to run. I stopped the engine with the red start stop button, but then it started beeping like the lanyard was still attached.

The only way I could think to stop the beeping was to disconnect the battery. When I reconnected the battery all was quiet, and when I reattached the lanyard it started normally, but again when I disconnected the lanyard it seemed to think the lanyard was still attached and I had to disconnect the battery to get the beeping to stop.

Anything I should check before I take the ski to the shop?

It could be the MPEM isn't disconnecting the signal from the lanyard ROM chip embedded in it. Check all the wire connections to the lanyard post and if it still fails you might have to have the dealer put it on the computer to check it.

Karl

I had this exact problem today. Has anyone figured a fix for this before I take it to the dealer? I drained the battery because of the bildge pump and fuel pump trying to start up.

Same problem today I guess. 2005 3D and when you put lanyard on it beeps. When you try and start all the lights lights up and it beeps, but nothing else. Engine doesnt even turn over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back