DESS Post and Key

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Beef

Has anyone had a problem with the 2022 Sea Doos not allowing more than one key to be programmed? My wife ordered a DESS Post and Key from the Sea Doo website and the local dealer could not program more than one key to the machine. She mistakenly got the key with post module, so not only are we out the $60 for the key, we are also out another $60 for the post module because we are outside the 30 day return window.

If anyone can use a DESS Post and Key, I have them for sale and can ship them to you. Just PM me for details.

Attachments

• IMG_7709[1].JPG
    IMG_7709[1].JPG
    387.5 KB · Views: 8
Your dealer is incompetent as there are 8 slots available in the programming for keys.

The process is simple with BudS or CanDoo.

Your dealer is incompetent as there are 8 slots available in the programming for keys.

The process is simple with BudS or CanDoo.
I believe that you are correct about my dealers incompetence but I figured I’d better ask a group who knows these machines better than myself. I can’t say that I’ve been happy with any part of the dealer experience.

My wife bought this 2022 sea doo Fishpro because she likes the stable boat type ride and wasn’t fond of getting wet like while riding my Yamaha fx140. I had 14 years experience with that machine as a second owner and was able to service everything myself. This one has me concerned knowing that a lost key requires a trip to the stealership.

I bought the CanDoo software so I can do and diagnose without needing the dealer.

Was not even financial but more of a time saver.

I bought the CanDoo software so I can do and diagnose without needing the dealer.

Was not even financial but more of a time saver.
That sounds like my situation. If I have to use a dealership the next closest one is over an hour away and I’d have to take them my machine.

Does the software come with all the harnesses to connect to a 2022 Fishpro? I also have 2002 SeaDoo PWC and a 2010 challenger boat.

It will do both as there is a diagnostic plug that comes for the SeaDoo's. I am exactly like you. Dealership here will not touch boats. Had to drive 1.5 hours once to reset a TPS. Bought the Candoo after that.

My friends with Seadoo's have benefited more than myself so far... The standard will do 4 VIN's.

Back