Desperately seeking.....help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppe

Please people, I really need help. I need to know the proper way to flush the Challenger 2000, V6 Merc motor. I desperately am searching for an owners manual for same boat. I've tried the online sites but can't find one that seems truly specific for our boat.
Mechanic tells us that we should turn on the engine before starting the water when flushing. I think this is wrong...what is true?!
Thanks,
Jana

I would agree with your mech but you should turn on the flow right after . IF you consider the way the cooling system works .when in the watter the motor must be running before the impeller begins forcing water into the cooling lines .So you always fire it up before cooling circulation begins.

Please people, I really need help. I need to know the proper way to flush the Challenger 2000, V6 Merc motor. I desperately am searching for an owners manual for same boat. I've tried the online sites but can't find one that seems truly specific for our boat.
Mechanic tells us that we should turn on the engine before starting the water when flushing. I think this is wrong...what is true?!
Thanks,
Jana

You are right. You are not supposed to turn on the enigne when flushing seadoo boats with the mercury engines. Rotax engines is a different story...they have to be running before the water is started.

This topic has been brought up a few times on the forum...try using the search and see what you come up with.

Hope this helps!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back