Dealer told me.....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jesse.freeman61

First year having my 2003 seadoo sportster 4tec. I took it to the dealer and had them "winterize" it. After all said and done I revived the bill and it said they took battery out, fogged engine and put in oil stabilizer and fuel stabilizer. They told me that you change the oil in the spring and not now. They did "blow out the exhaust" but didn't put anti freeze in. What I want to know is, do I need to have an oil change done now or is it ok till spring? And anti freeze in exhaust? I obviously won't be using it in winter months. I'm just a rookie and wondering.

I don't agree with not changing the oil now. If it's wet, and contaminated... it will cause issues while it sits.

I agree, change the oil in the fall and only sc engines get the antifreeze bc of the intercooler.

I don't agree with not changing the oil now. If it's wet, and contaminated... it will cause issues while it sits.

Everytime my boat has been winterized, the oil has been changed. I would just request it now...btw, no spring treatment needed...

I know it's true some service departments advise to change the engine oil in the spring but sorry, I can't think of how that would be better.

I don't let dirty corrosive acidic motor oil sit in my crankcase over winter, doesn't sound like they gave you a reason for waiting till spring but I'd sure like to hear a good one for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back