Cylinder head milled Your thoughts?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your input! which side of the ridge do I put the straight edge on?
All information on this site is free and the people on here get paid in satisfaction of attempting to help others. Sometimes it is very difficult to give solutions from a picture. What is not appreciated is veiled shots at individuals attempting to help. This is the second and last one. I’m out.

If you send it back and they redo it, it will be further out of spec and might not be much better than the first time. before I did that I'd buy a good used head. These days you can't trust anyone to do a good job. Good Luck !!

All information on this site is free and the people on here get paid in satisfaction of attempting to help others. Sometimes it is very difficult to give solutions from a picture. What is not appreciated is veiled shots at individuals attempting to help. This is the second and last one. I’m out.
I truly appreciate your help and the help from all others! I was not a veiled shot at you in any way! But I dont know how I can tell if the head is straight.

If you send it back and they redo it, it will be further out of spec and might not be much better than the first time. before I did that I'd buy a good used head. These days you can't trust anyone to do a good job. Good Luck !!
very true and thank you!

At this point I'd pressure test the cooling system. The procedure is in the manual for your specific engine. I know the 787 if the top of my head but not the 951.

At this point I'd pressure test the cooling system. The procedure is in the manual for your specific engine. I know the 787 if the top of my head but not the 951.
Thank you for your help! I pressure tested it a few weeks ago and it passed. Can a head gasket pass a pressure test and leak down test but not seal when operated? I have never seen such a thing. At idle and revving on the trailer, there is no issue. only when I ride it.

If it leaks it leaks. That's why you pressure test. But if you haven't pressure tested since the issue started I'd do it again. Just to be sure. Would be weird to pass a test but leak water.

If it leaks it leaks. That's why you pressure test. But if you haven't pressure tested since the issue started I'd do it again. Just to be sure. Would be weird to pass a test but leak water.
"Would be weird to pass a test but leak water." AMEN!

I really don't see much wrong with that finish unless you can feel the ridge with your fingernail. Even so, gaskets are quite efficient in sealing imperfections. Not a whole lot in life needs to be absolutely perfect to work. I always stone gasket surfaces to make sure there are no high spots and also shows me how bad the low spots are.

One of the first things you learn is always debur your work. That wasn't done and needs to be.
Gene et al:
If I asked or responded to a post of yours and sounded sarcastic, I didnt intend it that way. I responded to one of your posts about the injectors asking if they can clog after they are removed. That was not a sarcastic question and I hope you didnt take it that way. The injectors were fine until stored, then clogged (I thought) after installation. It has been my experience that if you put a good injector in a box, it should be good when you take it out of the box.
With this engine there have been a number of times that indicate that the laws of physics have been suspended. Murphys laws, on the other hand, are in FULL force! There have been several times that GOOD parts are stored in a climate controlled area appear to have failed in storage. I have never seen that before! So Gene et al, please forgive me if I come across as asking odd questions as I am running across events I have never seen or heard of before!
Happy Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back