Cruse control for 2011 and up GTI boats that don't have it

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading about the operation of the SkI mod , I was confident that it would work as a cruse control on my GTI boat .

The ski mode has 5 acceleration ramps that you can choose and memorize the top speed from 6 mph to 41 mph for each ramp.
So if you think about the setting (ramp) R1 through R5 as saved speed 1 though save speed 5 then you can see how it would work .
Here are my saved speeds.
R1=6mph
R2=21mph
R3=25mph
R4=30mph
R5=41mph

So you select the ski mode and hit set
You select the R and hit set.
Then the speed for that R setting comes up .
You can then can change it or hit set and your then in the cruse mode.

If you hold the throttle in a little ,you get 4 mph
If you press it all the way in you get the set speed.

To get out of the cruse (ski) mode ,you just hit mode twice .

The only drawback I have seen is during the rare time that you lose your gps signal , it gets a little confused but not in a big way .
So cruse control for $130 and such a part may pay for itself in the long run with better fuel economy .

As someone with virtually no experience in pwc's , I bought a boat lacking some features I now want .
With the V-TECH tune , I have the GTI-155 power + and with the ski mod I now have cruse control.
What's next : maybe VTS if they make it available . From what I can see , Sea Doo seems to want to punish those people with 2011 and up GTI
boats that for what ever reason did not buy the more costly boat . The ski mod was never intended to be a cruse control but works just fine to I guess Sea Doo's dismay .
The guy at the place where I bought the boat , said that the VTS option was a big seller for him and hopes the installed option will return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back