RESTO Crazing and spider cracking in paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashr88

I've noticed a lot of crazing and spider cracking in the paint of my x4, I was considering painting it anyway, fancy a change of colour.
What's you guys thought on painting over the original paint.. do I need to sand back all off the Jel coat back past the grazing to paint and would the crazing come back threw?

I've noticed a lot of crazing and spider cracking in the paint of my x4, I was considering painting it anyway, fancy a change of colour.
What's you guys thought on painting over the original paint.. do I need to sand back all off the Jel coat back past the grazing to paint and would the crazing come back threw?
I just 320 and scuff and clean and your good. I'm about to paint one in the next few weeks

If the spider cracks you are referring to are in the gel coat, they will come back through. You would want to repair those before you paint. At least if you are going to paint over it, you don't have to worry too much about trying to match the gel coat. And Ashr is correct, crazing will come back if you don't sand through it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back