Cracked Hull - Fish Pro

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

jake_eizy

Noticed a decent crack in the hull on my 2020 fish pro. Sand, feather, and Marine Tex repair or professional fiberglass repair?

Attachments

• IMG_4393.jpeg
    IMG_4393.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 13
Cleaned up. Any thoughts of marine tex will work? Is there a filler you would reccomend to take up some space?

Attachments

• IMG_4395.jpeg
    IMG_4395.jpeg
    308.8 KB · Views: 12
I am not an expert but do not see anyone responding so I will provide a couple of thoughts-

The crack is in a structural part of the hull.
Based upon the size and location of the crack, the hull needs to be reinforced on the inside of the hull. Not just patched from the outside which is what you appear to be doing. This comes after the structural repair.

Suggest you consult a professional with experience in this before you go any further.

Last edited:
A 3M marine epoxy with a filler, they have different fillers for different jobs. West Marine has knowledgeable associates if you have a store nearby. I have used it to repair damaged hulls on small sailboats. Stronger and waterproof which fiberglass is not. Gel coat after the epoxy. Any cracks that extend out from your repair need to sawed out and end drilled. This advice is only pertinent if don't consult a professional, the damage looks extensive.

Last edited:
Back