Coolant question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottlimoni

I drained coolant out of motor. I added cleaner and distilled water and ran boat. I drained and added coolant. I forgot to get the boat back up to operating temperature so the thermostat opens. Is this ok for winter? I want to make sure that when you drain the cooling system by taking out the screw in the drive plate the whole thing empties. Thanks

Yeah you should be ok there may have a little air but the drive plate return circuit is open to the thermostat housing
I normally just squeeze the hoses during filling and then only need about 250ml to add to bottle

Thank you. So you don't think any of the water from the flush is stuck in there enough to wreck anything during the freezes? I already shrink wrapped the boat. Ugh. As long as the whole cooling system drains even with thermostat closed I wont worry.

Did you drain the cleaner from the ride plate ?

Think manual says every two years but I know many people don’t bother

What percentage coolant you using

I just want to make sure from the drive plate that the whole cooling system empties regardless of thermostat being closed.

Yes it does
And that’s what the shop manual says too
You got a ski or boat ?
Just asking nothing to do with draining as it’s the same

I did everything the manual says except I am worried that after I refilled with coolant I did not get the boat up the operating temperature to open the thermostat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back