Convert a Spark 2up to a 3up?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

siliev

Hi guys, I bought a Base 2up spark about a month ago and it was the only one I could find so I didn't really have any choice anyway. But I am now starting to think it would be really fun to be able to use it to tow and I was wondering if I can just buy the 3up model seat along with the two extra seat supports that are required and make it a 3 seater. The only other thing I would also need is the hull extension for increasing the weight limit but I am not really able to find it in the parts lists online. Has anyone else looked at this? I am just wondering which is the hull extension part that I need to buy as well.

In one sense, it is a simple thing to do. I say this as officially just the seat and the bolt on rear hull extension is the only difference.

However, the 3-up is listed as a 3-up and follows certain and specific regulations. I would speculate that adding the goodies to the 2-up ski to make it a 3-up would not make it a legal 3 seater ski. Do you care, do I care??? No,, but if you get stopped it could be a serious issue if the numbers come back in such a way that it makes you illegal it could be an issue.

Yeah that is true. I was actually thinking at first to just put the longer seat on and pretend it is a three seater but it does say it is a two seat legally and with my luck with law enforcement i will probably get fined even if I am just riding by myself on it, let alone with three people. Then again I might just add the longer seat and hull extension to make it more comfortable and stable to ride. Also the added weight capacity would be good because my father is a big guy and if he and my mother get on it together, they would exceed the 350 lb capacity.

Back