Choke cable stuck!?!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYeti

I pulled the carbs rebuilt just out em back on. Go to attach the choke cable and it won't reach back to where its supposed to go. I look back at the lever on the dash and its pulled all the way up. Before I pulled the carb it was working just fine. When I removed the cable i simple loosened the jamb nuts and set screws and pulled out of the mount bracket on the carb then set it aside. WTF is goin on here. Did I not do something I should have when i removed it or is it the typical murphys law that follows me through life? How can I fix this so I can get back to finishing this job? If I can't fix it where can I find a new cable? I've been searching but can't seem to find a replacement anywhere online. Help me before I run out of liquor....

Edit: Its not anything on the carb the cable or lever/handle itself is the issue

Last edited:
Well if anyone else has this issue on a choke cable thats been discontinued. I was first thinking what can I buy and just adapt. BUT, I first drilled a hole in some flat steel i had laying around tried to stand on it and pull the cable with vise grips to no avail. After getting annoyed and frustrated I removed the cable and handle off the boat completely. Put the nut on the carb side in a vise, put some seafoam lube in it(both ends) pushed it in n pulled it out abit and eventually the handle had moved abit. Kept working on it and it seemed good. So i sprayed brake clean in it both ends. Then put some silcone lube in it. Reinstalled on the boat. Put the end on the linkage on the carbs and its good to go. For now anyway. Sad part is ill be removing the carbs again due to no revving after my carb rebuild. Duno what the popoff should be on a 97' challenger but it damn sure aint 43psi. Guess ill throw the 25psi spring in and hope for the best after doing it all over again... my idle seems to be at about 3500 rpm. Any thoughts on that while i have it back off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back