Check Engine Code P0340

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

wav

SeaDoo Challenger 180. Running okay I believe but this check engine light makes me nervous. Everything I read about this code points to the Camshaft Sensor but hell of I know where that is. Any direction would be great. Attached are some pics for guidance please.

Attachments

• 20230802_192955.jpg
    20230802_192955.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230802_192944.jpg
    20230802_192944.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 9
I have not but I have seen these diagrams before - doesn't help. I can't reach or see this component so it must require a lot of disassembly.

Sorry I do not, but it shouldn't be that bad, just go slowly. There are two cables that come around the back of the engine by the throttle body. Follow those and you will see what needs to come off.

It's not under the throttle housing. It's at the rear of the head and is simple to remove. You can remove the TOPS valve first if you want which takes 2 minutes to have full visibility and access and it's right below it.

unbolt tops valve that has hose attached to it at back of head, 2 etorx bolts, move out of way you can leave hose attached. remove 1 bolt from cam sensor and pull out, remove connector. install opposite of removal.

Back