Check engine came on. No P code. What to do?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

khalilm

I was out on the lake yesterday on my 2005 GTX and my check engine light started flashing. I immediately stopped and checked the coolant, oil and if there were any leaks and there were none. Since I was a distance away from home, I had no choice but to continue to drive to get home. The seadoo ran great and the CHK ENG message went away after restart. Since I had to stop for fuel at multiple marinas in-between the message would flash at some point, only to disappear after restarting.

In fact, if it wasnt for the flashing light and message, I wouldnt think there was anything wrong. However, the seadoo completely died right at the dock as I was about to take it out of the water. No instrument cluster or prestart.

So I took the battery out today and recharged it in order to see if I could get the error code. However, the cluster shows no code and the seadoo starts perfectly. So I am at a loss at what to do. I realize that I should probably replace the battery just to be safe but is there something else I should be checking? Would the check engine light come on and not record an error message in the ECM due to a faulty/low battery?

Thanks to everyone in advance for their input.

I would take out all the fuses and look for corrosion and clean. Weird stuff like this can be caused by that, and its an easy\no expense thing to check off the list.

Hi thanks for the reply. I am trying to check them but boy are they in there good. I dont think I have even taken the cover off of the fuses since I bought the machine in 05. So its like they are cemented in there :(

Just for anyone else who has this issue in the future. I noticed no corrosion on any of the fuses once I finally was able to get them out. But I replaced them all anyway just to be sure and I also replaced the battery. I am planning on going out later this week so I will update as to whether the check engine warning comes back. Right now the seadoo starts on first try and seems normal.

I noticed a little corrosion but it was on the outside of the terminal. So I couldn't see it affecting the actual connection to the battery post.

It is raining here today so I have to wait for the weather to clear in order to see if the light comes back on.

Well I took it out yesterday and no more check engine light. So I am assuming all is well now. Going for a longer run on Saturday so I guess I will find out for sure then.

Just for others, replacing the battery and the fuses (all of them) seemed to solve this issue. I have had the ski out for multiple day runs (8 hours +) and all is well. So thanking my stars and the suggestions from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back