Charging Battery

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajack

On my 2017 GTI, does it harm anything to charge the battery leaving the cables connected to the Sea Doo?

Operator manual says that: "Never charge or boost the battery while installed in the watercraft". I would disconnect the wires at least, takes a few minutes and peace of mind.

On my old GTI 2003, I sometimes charge it with the battery connected but I never go over 1.5 amp. Never hurt my old one but never tried it on my new one and I think I would disconnect the wires prior to charge.

I prefer to disconnect the battery from the ski. One battery cable at least, perhaps the negative if they're both easily accessible. If you had a battery switch, could disconnect battery that way.

It's possible your battery charger might damage the $$ electronics, jump starting can do this as well.

Just disconnect the positive terminal at the battery and you'll be fine charging it in the boat.

Actually to be safe you should disconnect the negative. It's always negative off first and on last to avoid battery explosions.

Just disconnect the positive terminal at the battery and you'll be fine charging it in the boat.
Totally wrong advice, there is a reason for it why negative goes of as standard practice in every battery equipped thing. Even with the negative of you should not charge in the PWC, standard safety procedure.
You can disagree with this, all fine in a free world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back