Changing impeller pitch............again

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

KK40384

Premium Member
Premium Member
Seems like the Solas 14/17 I have now may not be enough for next season. With my current mods I'm turning right around 8100rpm depending on how much weight I have on board. GPS'ed it at 69.9 mph at 8140-60rpm woth 1/3 tank and riding solo (i'm around 180lbs). For next season I'm adding a free flow exhaust and I'm thinking a 14/19 impeller. I see no reason why I should have any issue turning that impeller and still keeping my rpm's somewhere around 8000. Am I wrong?

Seems like the Solas 14/17 I have now may not be enough for next season. With my current mods I'm turning right around 8100rpm depending on how much weight I have on board. GPS'ed it at 69.9 mph at 8140-60rpm woth 1/3 tank and riding solo (i'm around 180lbs). For next season I'm adding a free flow exhaust and I'm thinking a 14/19 impeller. I see no reason why I should have any issue turning that impeller and still keeping my rpm's somewhere around 8000. Am I wrong?

A free-flo exhaust isn't gonna gain you any hp.

So...if that's the only mod that you've planned for next year...keep the 14/17.

Are you seeing 8100 in the heat? If that's the case....maybe tweek your existing prop, add a mm or two to the trailing edge. The hard limiter on your ski is 8300...isn't it? If so...i wouldn't touch it till you add some ponies.

A 14/19's gonna be too tall for you and will cost you more than you think...300-400rpm prolly.

Ok how do I go about tweaking it? Is that something I can do or do I have to send it somewhere to have it professionally done? And yes it was on a 90+ degree day when I saw those rpm's. I'm gonna go out o a cooler morning and see how much of a difference I see.

Last edited by a moderator:
10-4...always enjoyed running in cool dry weather. If you don't slam the limiter...wouldn't touch it.

A 14/19 is the impeller Solas recommends for a stock 215 hp RXP model.... I honestly don't see why it wouldn't work fine on a 215hp RXT model as well, as long as you're not carrying 3 full grown adults onboard. The RXP and RXT (for same year model) used the same engine and pump, only the size of the hull and the carrying capacity differs.... I'd like to try a 14/19 Solas impeller on my RXT, I don't believe my existing 13/18 Solas impeller is quite enough with just myself onboard and so far I haven't been able to get a single soul to go to the lake with me in years.

I don't think you're going to hurt a darned thing trying a 14/19 Solas impeller, just don't sell your existing impeller until after you've run the 14/19 and then whichever you like the most keep and list the other one on Craigslist and Ebay... somebody will buy it from you with only a little $$ lost.

- Michael

I'm thinking that I'll pick one up with my Christmas bonus and if it does exactly what I think it won't (hurt my top end) then I'll sell it a very little to no loss and chalk it up to "been there, tried that"

A 14/19 is the impeller Solas recommends for a stock 215 hp RXP model.... I honestly don't see why it wouldn't work fine on a 215hp RXT model as well, as long as you're not carrying 3 full grown adults onboard. The RXP and RXT (for same year model) used the same engine and pump, only the size of the hull and the carrying capacity differs....- Michael

That's the reason....and it ain't a small difference...especially when you add the extra weight of that bigger hull. You've been talkin about "dunno why it wouldn't work"...for a while now. Beat KK to the punch. Buy one and find out for yourself.

No skin off my nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back