Challenger 230 trailer mods

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pchansen

Okay, I've got a line on a '07 Challenger 230 SE with low hours for about $25K. My problem is the length of the boat on the trailer. My garage is only 26" deep and this beast is 29" on the trailer. Has anyone heard of modifying the tongue to a foldable or removable type. I'd like to knock 3'6" off the tongue so I can fit this thing in the garage. I wonder if, with the proper bracketing, you could create a joint aft of the winch. You could add flexible brake lines and swing the tongue and winch assembly out of the away when not in use.

AFT of the winch ???

How are you going to swing the winch out of the way when there is hull weight on the bow stop ?

here is what I would do - go to a good welding shop and have them build a sleeve so you can slide the winch and tongue straight out, not sideways. I would also look into reducing overhang in the rear, maybe by moving the bunks forwars and reloacating the axle. This wil place the bow closer to your truck and less swingaway needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back