Challenger 1800 Windshield and trim

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I am moving through the restoration on my new to me Challenger I came across a couple items I want to improve. What have people done with their windshields? There is a strip of adhesive or something that delaminated on most I have seen. The inner liner seems to be molded together with the windshield so I don't see getting in there to do anything. Do most folks just paint them black? Also the trim in my cockpit area is pulling away where the sharpest bend is. I thought about trying a heat gun but was wondering if anyone else has fixed this? Open to suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_20200329_153237253.jpg
    IMG_20200329_153237253.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20200329_152732580.jpg
    IMG_20200329_152732580.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20200329_152740149.jpg
    IMG_20200329_152740149.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 28
This is the next project i am going to tackle on my 1800. The windshields are currently delaminated on the leading edge. my plan is to remove them, reapply adhesive and then have them wrapped in black vinyl at a local sign shop.

I'm thinking I am just going to scuff mine and shoot them with high gloss black.
I considered that initially but when i figured the time of doing the prep, cleaning it, buying adhesion promoter, color coat and clear coating it I would only be saving a few dollars if i bought "quality" rattle can products. The sign shop quoted me $56 dollars to do both windshields.

Carbon fiber wrap looks very cool. Or any other color you like, for that matter. There is a small learning curve, but you get by it pretty cheap on eBay

Well I wish the vinyl shops around me were as cheap. I decided to have mine wrapped also as I wasn't sure how the paint would hold. I got three quotes 337 from one place 220 from another and 150 from the winner. Two shops didn't even want to price them. I also had my reg numbers redone in the seadoo font for 35. I will post some pics when I get them back.

I ended up painting mine for the time being, i had them off and the shop had a two week wait... i got spring fever and wanted to go fast. I'll take them back this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back