Challenger 180 Wakeboarding

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

adambomb

I used to own a challenger 2000 (not the X) and now I have a challenger 180 and I have to say that wakeboarding behind the challenger 180 is much better than behind the challenger 2000.

I actually got to the point on the 2000 that I didn't even wakeboard behind it because the jet would spray me, the boat would pull around when i would make a cut and it would not hold speed at all (most non-perfect pass boats have this issue). The 180 has none of these issue.

I'm not a pro wakeboarder, but i've wakeboarded behind a variety of high end wakeboarding boats and I was shocked with how well the 180 performed.

Anyway big thumbs up to sea-doo!!! :hurray:

I just hope the challenger 180 is as low maintenance as the challenger 2000 was.

Vts.......

I have the Challenger 14 foot with the 110 hp engine. I also have the manual VTS in my boat that I use regularly when towing a skier or tube. When on the tube, if my VTS has the nozzle angled up, it sprays the rider.

I'm still yet to figure out why all boats were'nt equipped with this feature. I can't see me having a boat without it

As for the pull on the boat...........As a driver pulling people, I learned to anticipate the skiers movements and correct for it, with throttle response and nozzle direction. It's not the same as pulling with a Mastercraft but it's still pretty stable. With the Mastercrafts engine weight displaced in the middle of the boat, the direct prop drive and a set of keel fins to cut into the water, I don't think you can find a better boat for pulling professional skiers. The new X series, with it's 450 HP, 8 liter engine is one of the most powerful ski boats on the market! It better be able to hold a straight line!:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back