Ceramic washer fail

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottw1972

Just purchased a 2006 RXP with 137 hours. Almost 100% sure washers are ceramic and SC has not been rebuilt. After a few hard rips in the lake the jet ski is now doing this.

1) it revs high but does not move.

Like drive and clutch is not Engaging. Sure washers are Toast. Is this a huge problem $$$$. Also I hear there's a class action lawsuit. Will seadoo cover ?

Thanks for anybody has info on this matter.

Scott

If the motor revs but you do not move, no matter if the SC is toast, something else is wrong.

The impeller is a direct drive system. If the motor is spinning the impeller WILL be spinning unless something is broken.

Could be stripped splines, PTO issue, or broken drive shaft.

The SC will need to be rebuilt due to the hours as well as the ceramic washers. But you NEED to determine the reason the impeller is not spinning...

Seadoo will not cover you blowing up your motor because you didn't change the washers out after their recommended 100 hour or 2 year rebuild time... Even if it was in the 100 hour recommendation.. They won't cover it

That aside, I don't quite think you dropped a washer. If you did then normally the motor will turn off and not turn back on..

Doesn't mean to try your luck with it I would diagnose the problem as stated above and send the sc out right away for a rebuild.

Guys weird update : I went this morning to load jet ski. And how it runs 100% normal ? That's was we're. You think mud got sucked in ?

Sounds like something foreign was in the pump and when you shut it off it fell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back