Cavitation issues...2003 GTX Limited

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djones583

Hello all, I am new to this forum but let me first say thank you in advance for the info I’m sure you all will have.

In 2016 I bought 2 matching 2003 GTX limited models with super chargers with approx 130 hours on each. Both machines have ran great since I’ve had them in terms of the engines. Just before purchasing them the previous owner had them fully serviced including new wearing rings in the super chargers.

When I got them, one of them was incredible on take off, no “spinning out” or cavitation whatsoever. The other had a fair amount of this when you hammered it from a stop.

In the spring of this year I replaced the wear rings in both figuring that it would fix the one with trouble on take off and get them both on the same maintenance schedule.

However, when i reassembled them, the cavitation problem was still present on the one that initially had the issue. Also, the ski that was perfect before now has a slight “spin out” when you hammer it from a stop.

What should I look at first? Thanks!!

Sorry for the long post! I get long winded sometimes!!!

Carbon ring is second source for cavitation, if the rubber accordion can easily be pushed rearward then the suction produced by the impeller pulls air in around the carbon ring from inside the hull

Hi Greg and thanks for the reply. I went out and checked the bellows on the drive shaft and they appear to be in good condition as far as I can tell. When I try to push rear ward they are very stiff and I can barley move them off of what I believe is a c clip on the shaft. However, the supercharger and duct work with it fills up that arear pretty good so it isn’t easy to get to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back