Carbs not pulling fuel

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TowerDog

New motor from SES only fires when I shoot some premix into the cylinders or carbs. Wont pull fuel from tank. Disconnected the fuel intake line from the filter resevoir and put it in a glass of premix and still did not pull any fuel. Primed lines,filled filter resevoir, it will take whats in the lines and fires but shuts off after burning off that premix. Also the filter cap empties about 2/3 of the premix that was in there. Checked all the lines afterwards and they are empty. Took the carbs apart and compared them to a second set I just bought from a ski that was bogging down (Turns out I think just the filters were dirty, they were nasty) and the carbs are same. New N/S. When taking the carbs apart fuel was in the carbs sitting in the where the N/S are. Pulse line has vacuum and the ski runs until it burns off what I was able to get into the lines. Tank only has 5 gallons (Do I need more fuel in the tank for pressure ? ). I plan on just using the other carbs, and hoping the filters were the issue it was bogging down, but I'd still like to know whats up with the carbs I am using now. I havnt taken apart the fuel selector, however when blowing into the lines I was able to get air through fine, turned the fuel off and could not get air through. Fuel lines have been replaced with the exception of the gray tempo from the fuel selector to the tank, but again I was able to get air easily through those to the tank. What can I do next or what am I doing wrong ?

Run a new piece of hose directly from the fitting on the tank marked "RES" to the fuel filter.

I did that, it and primed the lines, it ran for a second and shut off. Now everytime I try and start it, I have to pull the choke it attempts to start then cuts out. My plugs are also getting wet and obviously not getting spark so I have to pull them and dry them. Each time I do it sounds like its going to start then cuts out. A step in the right direction but not fully there.

Also there is a vent hose going to the right side of the ski in the front from the "T" in the fuel lines. Does that need to be clear ? I tried blowing air in and out and nothing.

SOLVED, needed to cut the plug wires back and now let the smoke dissipate from it finally firing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back