Carb setting on 951cc

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ced

Hy ! Im new here and looking for advice for my carb settings on my new owned hydrotax! I have the stock carbs on it with taucetti flame arrestor. High no problem! My problem is hesitation when i full open from idle ! 1 second hésitation and than braaaaaap to max speed! I think its my pop off! But to lean or too rich? My actual settings are 2.0 needle with 80g spring, low speed jet 80 and hiw speed 160. I don’t have the oil pump, i have to mix direct in gas. Sorry for my bad english im from belgium and i do my best! Can someone help me to get correct settings please??

It sounds like a lean hesitation. Your accelerator pump may not be squirting. You can turn the low speed needles out to see if that helps at all but that won't fix the accel pump if that is the culprit. Usually the low needles are 1.5 turns from closed. It makes no difference after 2.5 turns out.

Hi, thanks for answer! I have rebuilt my carbs 2 weeks ago... i will try to open more tomorrow! I thought it was max 2 turn... how can i do thé différence between lean and rich?

If it's lean then you can pull the choke out slightly and have the hesitation go away.

Many times the accelerator pump (different from the fuel pump) may still be OK but the brass spray bar tips clog up. It's a very small hole and they get plugged easily with stale fuel. There is one on each carb fed from a single pump.

Choke is remove and carbs have a new rebuild kit. Ok i will check this tomorrow. You think my settings are ok?

If it were me I'd delete the accel pump and run 95 lows and 165 highs. Pop off 20(you should be about there), lows out 1.5 turns, highs closed.

As Miki says they need to be rebuilt with OEM parts. Cheap aftermarket carb parts can keep one from running correctly.

Accel pump is removed! I will put these settings and try! Can in let the 80g spring or i put de 65? Thanks

I measure psi with a pop off gauge. I don't know pre set spring gram settings. I would stay with what you have for now if you don't have the gauge and they are new genuine Mikuni 2.0 needle and seats.

Hello i have put these setting but i dont try it!! Very bad weather in belgium now!! I will come back later with results!

Hello! I have a one more question! I have rebuild carbs for a friend yesterday on a superjet! Mikuni sbn 38. One these carbs we don,t have to put number 5 and 6 on de second carb( see attach files) . Is it the same for mine? Mikuni Bni 46?

Thanks

Attachments

• bn46i_rebuild-kit.pdf
    600.8 KB · Views: 12
#5 and #6 are for the fuel pump and only go on the carb with a fuel pump, the carb without a fuel pump only gets the o-ring to seal the cover.

hi everyone!! I have put number 5 and 6 off from the second carb!!!and we had nice sunshine today for testing! Jet ski works great! Thanks a lot to everyone! These are my settings if it can help someone:

No oil pump
No acc pump
Taucetti air filters
Ls 95 1-3/4
Hs 160 1/2
Needle 2.0
Spring 65g

I will put video of my hydrotax in future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back