Carb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LKGrider

Premium Member
Premium Member
Replacing a 787 motor that is locked up. And whenever I replace a motor or do a top end I like to find out what caused it and fix it so it doesn't happen again. So I started looking at the carbs to clean and rebuild. And I think I found the problem. The linkage was way out of adjustment between carbs. Also noticed the throttle plates will not move without a lot of manual force. So before I go destroying the carbs or replacing them when I don't really need to is there a way to fix this? Anyone ran into this before? Surprising thing is when I opened up the carbs they look super clean!

I would fix the slop and give everything a once over tighton it up and clean it out maybe try some spray grease and see if that makes them move a little easyier

There should be no resistance to the carb shaft turning. I would think they have a problem with corrosion. If all else you would have to pull them apart and clean / buff the shafts. Return springs may be done too. Sounds like time for new or used carbs. Members here may have used parts for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back